[Xen-users] Converting VMWare Machine with SCSI disks

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Converting VMWare Machine with SCSI disks
From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:58:06 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:59:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've used this document as a guide for converting systems to xen domUs.
http://ian.blenke.com/vmware/vmdk/xen/hvm/qemu/vmware_to_xen_hvm.html

If the VMWare machine has IDE drives this works well. If the VMWare
machine has SCSI drives, I don't think I've gotten any of them to work.
I currently have two Win2k servers and now a win2k3 server that I've
tried converting.

All three of them get to a certain point in the boot process, then
processor util goes to 100% and they stop. On win2k there's about 4 or 5
little bars left to finish. On win2k3 it's hard to tell because the bar
goes across the screen.

Anybody had luck with this? I'm contemplating downloading VMWare ESX now
that it's free for these trouble systems, but I'd rather have them on
xen.

Thanks,
James