Re: [Xen-users] DomU ethernet speed?

So it just depends on the physical card?
It's just that I've been experiencing that it takes longer time to load rar-archives etc via samba and transferring files from my server now when it's a virtual machine. It's still the same hardware, just that I've made it into a domU.
Is this just something in my head or is it really going slower?
- Simon

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Javier Guerra <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Simon Gottschlag <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello again everybody!
> I got a question about the domU's ethernet speed.
> When I use ethtool (debian) I don't get any speed information.
> Is the ethernet card for the domU's 100mbit or 1000mbit? If it's 100mbit, is
> it possible to get it to 1000mbit?

what's the speed of a pipe?

the ethernet virtual interfaces are software-implemented, so it
doesn't make sense to set the speed to any fixed value.  they're as
fast as the CPU can copy the data around

--
Javier