Re: [Xen-users] Boot from OCFS2

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Dominik Vogt <dominik.vogt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I try to boot from a ocfs2 fs. so the whole system is on a LV which is
> formated with ocfs2. I don't know if this possible... but I need a
> clustring filesystem because I dont have isci or something else... just
> 2 boxes which access the same scsi device...

i don't know if there's any limitation in OCFS2 for booting, but i
think GRUB, (and maybe PyGRUB) would have problems with that.  it may
be easier to use host your kernel and initrd in Dom0, and make sure
that initrd has all needed modules to correctly mount the root
filesystem.

of course, it would be FAR easier to use anything else (small ext3,
big initrd, network booting, etc) as the root partition, and later
mount the shared OCFS storage.

also, keep in mind that two machines sharing the same root tree would
interfere in lots of ways, no matter what filesystem you use, so be
very sure that each machine has it's own root tree.  (you wouldn't
want to share /var/log, or /var/run, eh?)

--
Javier