[Xen-users] attaching floppy to images to domu

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] attaching floppy to images to domu
From: "webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 18:42:50 +0200
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello everybody,

I'am trying to make an installation of a sles9 based system. In order to install this system after booting a floppy disk (or usb) should be "inserted" with a auto configuration file.

My problem is what ever I try I can not attach a floppy image to the sles9. the command I tried is

xm block-attach <dom nr> file://path/to/floppy.img /dev/fd0 w

After this command I see the device attached with the block-list command. but sles9 does not recognize the img file. I made same variations the device eg /dev/fd or /dev/fda but nothing seems to do the trick

also attaching it at boottime in the configuration file does is not successful: disk: [ 'hd', 'cdrom', 'file:/path/to/floppy.img,fd0:floppy,w' ] several variations on this without success.

setup
xen 3.2.1
dom0 : opensuse 11.0 (64 bit).
domu: sles9