Re: [Xen-users] 3.2 changes network layout?

On Saturday June 07 2008 09:28:47 am I wrote:
> On Saturday June 07 2008 08:46:49 am Denny Schierz wrote:
> > > I've read this complaint before about xen 3.2 removing those parms, and
> > > agree that they are convenient. I'm a little confused, tho' since
> > > Fedora 8/xen
> >
> > where did you read it? I've just searched in google, Wikis and
> > Mailinglists for any explanations, but without success.
>
> In this list - user experiences. Try searching the list for this year on
> terms like netdev or vifnum. You'll get a lot of hits, but you might come
> up with something, On the other hand, I saw a post just yesterday where
> someone said he was using vifnum in 3.2. Makes me wonder if this varies
> from distro to distro.

Hmm, I've just installed xen 3.2 in my F9 pv domu,
and /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge is clearly using 'bridge' and 'netdev':

# Usage:
#
# network-bridge (start|stop|status) {VAR=VAL}*
#
# Vars:
#
# bridge     The bridge to use (default ${netdev}).
# netdev     The interface to add to the bridge (default gateway device).
# antispoof  Whether to use iptables to prevent spoofing (default no).
#
# Internal Vars:
# pdev="p${netdev}"
# tdev=tmpbridge
#
# start:
# Creates the bridge as tdev
# Copies the IP and MAC addresses from pdev to bridge
# Renames netdev to be pdev
# Renames tdev to bridge
# Enslaves pdev to bridge
#
# stop:
# Removes pdev from the bridge
# Transfers addresses, routes from bridge to pdev
# Renames bridge to tdev
# Renames pdev to netdev
# Deletes tdev
#
# status:
# Print addresses, interfaces, routes

I suppose I won't have to wait for an F9 or F10 dom0 support to play with,
since the upcoming openSuSE 11 will have 3.2. What does your script say, and
on what distro?