Re: [Xen-users] 3.2 changes network layout?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] 3.2 changes network layout?
From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 18:00:26 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:01:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday June 06 2008 06:14:41 am Denny Schierz wrote:
> that is, what i don't understand. Under xen 2.0.7, we had exactly the
> same setup. We had a bridge with xenbr0 (or xen-bridge?) with the
> pyhsical eth0 in it. The bridge was now the interface with a IP. Xen 3.x
> changed the layout cause for better ethernet compliance. So the bridge
> had no ip any more.  And now Xen goes back ?

Yeah, a little insight into the developers minds would be nice. It's gotten to
the point where if you upgrade to a non-bug fix xen (and the shift from
3.1.0 -> 3.1.2 is definitely a non-bug fix only/feature enhancement one), you
either have to hack a lot to get your old domu's to run, or do a test install
just to see how the options have been restructured. I will say though, the
example files in /etc/xen are usually a good source for syntax changes.