Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.5 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

James Harper wrote:
Sorry for the top post, I'm on a blackberry.

I have the same problem on my Windows Mobile PDA...

I am using the latest - 0.9.6 I believe.
Here is what I did in the latest one:
Did. a clean install of win2k8 standard x32.
Enabled testsigning using bcdedit, but did not reboot.
Downloaded and installed the latest from James. I got prompts about
unsigned drivers, but I said to install anyway.
Followed the wiki to create a new bootentry.
Set that entry as default.
Rebooted.
Upon reboot, the old devices were showing up, and the new pci device
had a
problem.  Upon manually installing the driver for it, it detects the
other
devices, but doesn't disable the old ones.
Upon reboot it will not proceed past the boot menu claiming the exe is
corrupted.

Ah. Yes, don't install drivers when you are booting with GPLPV! Is this
what you did? The class filter (xenhide.sys) will fail to disable the
qemu devices but won't disable the xen devices either.

I'll try and spell that out a bit more clearly on the wiki. I can't
think of a way around it at this point...

James
Well the only reason I did that is because it didn't install/activate properly the first time. Did I do some steps wrong? This was a fresh install of Windows, so I didn't have any previous derivers installed.
Russ