Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.5 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.5 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows
From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 18:51:36 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 15:52:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thursday June 05 2008 06:24:19 pm Ruslan Sivak wrote:
> So I keep reinstalling and hosing my system.  Is there a proper order to
> install this?

I didn't ask before, but I'm assuming you are using 0.9.5 or up, with the gui
installer, so there is no real choice about order. Previous versions used a
dos .bat file, and there were manual install procedures before that.
Basically, xenpci.inf/.sys gets installed first, which creates other devices
the other drivers attach to, while xenhide.sys is *supposed* to hide the
qemu/realtek devices. And the install probably should be done with out any
xen pv drivers loaded, such as when you boot w/o /gplpv.

If it doesn't work for you, report it (as you have), and James will probably
ask you for more info.  Don't keep hosing your system - either it works or it
doesn't. :-(

On snapshots, search the list. This has been discussed a lot in the last two
months.