Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Release 0.8.5 of GPL PV drivers forWindo

Isn't these 100 mbps or 1000 mbps speeds funny numbers for today's CPU
power? I mean, somewhere in the design, there's something wrong that forces
us to make possibly too many context switches between DomU, Hypervisor and
Dom0. ???

Emre

what, something like the 1500 byte maximum transmission unit (MTU) from back in the days when 10 MILLION bits per second was so insanely fast we connected everything to the same cable!? (remember 1200 baud modems?) Yes, there might be some "design" decisions that don't work all that well today.

AFAIK, XEN can't do oversize (jumbo) frames, that would be a big help for a lot of things (iSCSI, ATAoE, local network )... but even so, AFAIK it would only be a relatively small improvement (jumbo frames only going up to about 8k AFAIK).

-Tom