RE: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Release 0.8.5 of GPL PV drivers forWindo

To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Release 0.8.5 of GPL PV drivers forWindows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:35:04 +1100
Cc: Scott McKenzie <scott.xensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 04:35:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > be activated after booting with the /gplpv option.  I still have a
> > "QEMU
> > > HARDDISK" listed under disk drives in Device Manager.
> > >
> > > With version 0.8.4 I was getting the two disk drives/file system
> > > corruption problem.
> >
> > Well... at least you aren't getting corruption anymore :) Something must
> > be going wrong with xenhide attaching to the PCI bus.
> >
> > I'm trying to sort out some major network performance issues for 0.8.6,
> > and I'll get back to these sort of issues after that.
> >

> Any idea yet about the culprit for the network performance issues?

Yes. Windows isn't flexible enough to like what Linux is giving it :)

I think high CPU when testing network between DomU and Dom0 is a bit of a red
herring. There is no external NIC involved, performance is all about how fast
the CPU can move the bits, so all things being equal, CPU utilization should be
high.

When testing between DomU and an external host the CPU utilization should be
more respectable though...

James