Re: Fw: [Xen-users] Jailtime image problem - debian 4.0

Rudi Ahlers wrote:

Ok, so what you're saying is that I won't be able to use jailtime images on a vanilla CentOS 5.1 + Xen 3.1 (from CentOS repositories)?

I don't think so. My Dom0 is F8, so I think you'll have exactly the same problem

Is there any way at all to use it in this way?

Yes, it should be easy to get it working, by downloading a binary kernel from xen.org:

1) go to http://xen.org/download/dl_31tarballs.html, download the binary for your system (32-bit, 32-bit PAE, or 64-bit)

2) Untar, find dist/install/boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen

3) vmlinuz-2.6-xen should be a symlink to another kernel in dist/install/boot. Currently, it links to dist/install/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-xen. You don't need anything in the download except this one file.

4) In your Dom0's '/boot' directory, create a symlink to the kernel you identified in step (3):

> ln -s path-to-correct-kernel vmlinuz-2.6-xen

The jailtime image should now boot. You'll need to edit the path in the jailtime config file to point to wherever you've placed the jailtime image, but that should be the only change.

This'll let you complete installation, but you should probably replace vmlinuz-2.6-xen with a stock Centos-xen kernel from the Centos repos when you've finished, and use pygrub in your config file. I haven't got this far yet. I have a recollection that pygrub may not work for a Fedora Dom0, so this may not be possible in my case.

Evan