Re: [Xen-users] RAID-1 strategy for a Xen/CentOS server?

To "best preserve" RAID1 mirroring protections of OS, Data, etc

   *AND*

optimize performance, how should I setup RAID for the "new" configurations?

because vbd are slower than "real-world" devices, I believe you want to move the mirroring into dom0, so that the domU's aren't sending the same data through the hypervisor twice... beyond that, all the rules are the same as they would be in a non-XEN config. (This just makes plain sense, there's less work to be done.)

There may be situations where it makes more sense to do the raid in the domUs, but you listed "optimize performance".

-Tom