Re: [Xen-users] Xen-3.1 on Ubuntu 7.10 keeps crashing

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen-3.1 on Ubuntu 7.10 keeps crashing
From: Allen Fowler <allen.fowler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 22:18:55 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:19:41 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> After numerous attempts to get Xen up and running, I'm on the edge of
> giving up.
>
> I'm now running Xen-3.1 / Ubuntu-7.10
> When trying to build a DomU I always crash. Tryied it with LVM and also
> the guide at:
> http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu-7.10-server-install-xen-from-ubuntu-repositorie

I've tried that guide as well..  still working on getting it to work.

1) What do you mean by crash? (my machine can take several hours to build
image.... no doubt a bug, but not a "crash".)

2) When starting the domU, mine took 6 hours to start up fully. (hwclock eating
up all domU CPU time.)

3) Here is some advice I got from others on the list, but have not been able to
get to the machine to try yet:

~~~

1. add the line:
extra='xencons=tty'
(in DomU config file)

2. modify the domU's /etc/init.d/hwclockfirst.sh and
 /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh
by either disabling them in a ugly way by:
chmod 000 /etc/init.d/hwclock*
or by disabling them nicer via adding
exit 0
to the 3rd or 4th line at the beginning of the scripts

2b. alternatively, set the independend_wallclock in /proc/...
(sorry for that, i missed the exact path, and don't have a system
 handy)
~~~

Let us know if it helps...