Re: [Xen-users] XEN - Broadcom issue: survey

> A bit more information on this issue. We decided to buy another NIC
> (other than Broadcom).  The problem still happens, thus
> eliminating the NIC problem.
Okay, so it's not the NIC.  That suggests that the problem is
somewhere between dom0 and domU.  It'd be worthwhile trying to
eliminate the bridge before going further, so try something like this:

# brctl delif xenbr0 tap0
# ifconfig tap0 up 192.168.97.1

as root in dom0, and then bring the interface up on a static IP like
192.168.97.2 inside the guest.  You need to choose IP addresses so
that they don't collide with anything else you're using, and it needs
to be a different network to anything else you want to talk to.  Test
whether domU experiences problems talking to dom0 on 192.168.97.1; if
it doesn't, that suggests that the problem is with the bridge.

Having said that, this all sounds like an MTU issue.  It would be
worth checking what MTUs you're using on the relevant interfaces.
ifconfig can tell you this on Linux, and there's a description of the
windows equivalent at
http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/280/ .  You probably
want to look at eth0, xenbr0, and tap0 in dom0, and the relevant
interface in the guest.  All of the MTUs should match up.

Steven.