Re: [Xen-users] Questions on memory allocation

To: javier@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Questions on memory allocation
From: "Ryan Burke" <burke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:51:06 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:51:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Javier,

Xen does not dynamically adjust the amount of memory a DomU has available.
In the configuration you've mentioned the DomU's will have 128 MB of RAM
and you can manually adjust that up to 1024 MB of RAM using the "mem-set"
command. I'm not sure if the commercial Xen products have any kind of
dynamically memory allocation but I think the problem is in the DomU
telling the Dom0 that it needs more memory. Does anyone on the list know
if there is a hypercall to notify the Dom0 if a DomU is low on free
memory?

Ryan