Re: [Xen-users] lockfile?

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 09:50:34AM +0900, Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:
> I have the configuration located on a shared drive
> so that if the primary xen server crashes/stops
> then i can start the domU on a backup xen server

But if that is what you are aiming at, you don't really needed a shared
drive (BTW: what do you mean by that? Shared SAN volume? NFS-Mount?).
What I did when I had to keep configs on different systems in sync was
to use a revision control system for that. I kept the configs in
subversion and used svn to sync them between the repository and the
systems. As a bonus, you get change logs ;-)

As for ensuring that only one copy of the domU runs you have pretty much
the same problem that any HA cluster has. So you should probably look at
the various heartbeat and distributed lock manager solutions if you
really want to go that far.

> On 10/12/07, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Why would you put your config files on a shared drive? Shouldn't they be
> > configuration files, local to each host?
> >

> > On 10/11/07, Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > No, there's nothing like this currently available.
> > >
> > > However, the commercial products based on Xen (or other VMMs, in fact) may
> > > include support for stuff like this.
> > >
> > > Some of the open source management apps people are working one might
> > either
> > > support this now or in the future, I guess.  You could always register a
> > > feature request with one or more of them and see how they respond.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Mark

Regards,
       Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison