Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.1 on Debian Etch: Dom0 eth0 dead

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.1 on Debian Etch: Dom0 eth0 dead
From: Christian Horn <chorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:00:13 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 05:00:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 01:22:43PM +0200, Florian Engelmann wrote:

> After some tests it looks like bridgeing with the dell powerdege 2900
> onboard broadcom nic does not work. I changed to eth2 (intel pro 1000)
> and everything works fine. kernel bug?

- one could have a look if bridging works with pure linux without xen
- try different driver, maybe your kernel ships with the bcm5700 module
besides the tg3
- and maybe acpi-options of the kernel or xen-options make a difference

But now that it works and you do not need all interfaces for bridging,
why  bother ;)

Christian