Re: [Xen-users] Issue with installing a fedora guest over a network cont

To: Daniel Stephen Lee <dsl5w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Issue with installing a fedora guest over a network controlled by mac address
From: "Luke S. Crawford" <lsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:17:15 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:15:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Daniel Stephen Lee wrote:
The network I am on requires that you register your mac address to gain access. So when I begin the install, it is unable to continue (unable to retrieve the image minstg2.img is the specific message) because the virtual machine does not have access on the network.

you need to hard-code your mac for the Domu; within the DomU config, something like this:

vif=['mac=aa:00:00:50:20:2f']

then register that mac with your networking setup.