[Xen-users] Windows 2003 x64 under Debian amd64 - hangs on "Setup is Sta

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Windows 2003 x64 under Debian amd64 - hangs on "Setup is Starting Windows"
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 21:39:56 +1000
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 May 2007 04:38:41 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm just testing xen-3.0.4 on an amd64 machine (HP ML115), and trying an
install of windows 2003 x64. So far it just hangs at "Starting Windows",
which I assume is when the windows installation bootloader has loaded
enough drivers and is starting the windows kernel.

I've seen several other posts with the same problem, but most of them
appear to be resolved by hitting F5 and selecting "Standard PC". When I
hit F5 I only get a choice of multiprocessor or uniprocessor.

Can anyone tell me if this is a known problem with xen-3.0.4 and my
configuration, or if they have such a configuration and have it working,
or if they have a more recent version of xen and have it working?

Thanks

James