[Xen-users] XP64bit in Xen 3.0.3 under OpenSUSE 10.2

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XP64bit in Xen 3.0.3 under OpenSUSE 10.2
From: "ymed" <ymed@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:30:22 +0400 (MSD)
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 04:29:12 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!

I use Xen 3.0.3 in OpenSUSE 10.2 on PC with Intel  VT enabled. I have installed
XP 32-but successfully, but I have problem with XP 64
installation.
When I start a new XP 64 VM and virtual window opens, XP 64-bit says:
"Enable the local advanced programmable interrupt controller (APIC). The
x64-based operating system you are loading does not have APIC enabled.
Check the systems firmware settings and make sure that the firmware has enabled
the APIC on this system."

Does Xen 3.0.3 supports XP 64 bit?

I use graphical Xen VM manager in Opensuse 10.2 to create and start VMs. I have
found a file /etc/xen/xmexample.hvm and parameter in it #apic=0. Should I edit
it as apic=1?

Should I rename xmexample.hvm to my_virtual_machine_name.hvm and where to copy
this file?
Should I do it before creating VM or after?

Unfortunately, I'm new in Xen.
Thank you very much for any help!