Re: [Xen-users] Building a xen Dom0 kernel for a very, very recent kerne

To: "Kraska, Joe A \(US SSA\)" <joe.kraska@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marlier, Ian" <ian.marlier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Building a xen Dom0 kernel for a very, very recent kernel branch
From: "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 23:20:39 -0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:18:55 -0700
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:from:to:references:subject:date:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-priority:x-msmail-priority:x-mailer:x-mimeole; b=ZkzQwxdZhXPODuDshiYRnobi5ElCbzH8v5SSseiQ4/2tlnfg1NWf/44ZwE7iz4YrCZo7QfSR8JBH7Pzuxkf3uN5N4UUAtLAm318Cj4cOAb1U4EEafdUkVz/RQWxlQme4Tb3V9XA6zKQojlAFN3Of0H3Iw0SbP2WtQNPLKzzyZEE=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kraska, Joe A (US SSA) wrote:
Can anyone point me to docs that might have more detail about how to
build a xen kernel for a very recent kernel branch?

I cannot fathom how the answer could be anything except something like
using a merge tool, but I'll wait and listen to see what the gallery
has to say. :)

Which Linux? In the RedHat world, it's often straifhtforward to take a SRPM and either update the source tarball, or apply clean patches from another source on the SRPM.

I'd work from an SRPM such as those at www.xensource.net or with the Fedora Core 6 distribution, if possible.