Re: [Xen-users] Export /dev/lp0 as VBD?

To: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Export /dev/lp0 as VBD?
From: Sander Marechal <s.marechal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 00:07:48 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:07:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mark Williamson wrote:
> One thing you might be able to do is just give the domain access to the IO
> ports for the parallel port (and interrupts if there are any...  I don't know
> much about the parallel port hardware).  You could then have the guest drive
> the printer directly through it; this might work, although it may be
> necessary to make sure dom0 doesn't try to do anything with the port...

I have no idea how I would go about doing that. To boot, I just found
out that the server only has one PCI slot (the rest is PCI-X) and that's
taken up by the soundcard (for my jukebox server, another domU). So I
guess there's no other option than to add printserving to dom0.

Thanks anyway for the advice :-)

--
Sander Marechal
http://www.jejik.com