RE: [Xen-users] xen kernel crashes athlon?

To: "Ian Jones" <ian.jones9901@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] xen kernel crashes athlon?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:37:15 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 05:37:36 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You may want to add "noreboot" to the "kernel=[...]xen.gz" line in your
grub.conf file.

There should be no problem running Xen on AMD hardware, and my
suspiction is that the difference between the machines are more in which
drivers you need to get the kernel booted rather than the processor
architecture...

[The number of times we've had customers saying things like "it works on
my Intel machine but not the AMD machine" and it turns out to be some
other hardware difference is HUGE compared to number of cases where
software ACTUALLY is bevhaving different between AMD and Intel.]

--
Mats