Re: [Xen-users] What CPU with VT or PACIFICA for Xen?

To: "Erwan Velu" <erwan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] What CPU with VT or PACIFICA for Xen?
From: "Jordi Segues" <jordisd.mailing@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:11:21 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:10:51 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for all this information.
Basically I know what processors have VT technology, but apparently
not all VT enabled CPU work fine with Xen, isn't it? Someone have
problems with getting VT recognized.

Some one have tested the newest Xeon CPU, such Dual-core Xeon 5100
family and Quad-core Xeon E5300/X5300 with Xen?

Thank you

Jordi

On 2/15/07, Erwan Velu <erwan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jordi Segues wrote:

> Hello,
>
> [...]
> So before buying expensive hardware, could, those of you who are
> running Xen on big and virtualized technology enabled processors, tell
> me exactly what models work fine?

for the intel side I use this url
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Xeon_microprocessors
I found the list very easy to read, the VT option is easy to find.