[Xen-users] What CPU with VT or PACIFICA for Xen?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] What CPU with VT or PACIFICA for Xen?
From: "Jordi Segues" <jordisd.mailing@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 01:01:38 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:01:06 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm planning to buy a server in order to run Xen and provide VPS to clients.
So I've been looking for hardware, and specially processors.

I've found some Xeon processors that would be fine, but while
searching for them in this mailing list, it seems that not all of them
(with VT) are well recognized.
(example: Dual Core Xeon 5130 ->
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-11/msg01033.html).

So before buying expensive hardware, could, those of you who are
running Xen on big and virtualized technology enabled processors, tell
me exactly what models work fine?

I know there's a compatibility list, but the newest processors don't
figure out so if you could share your experience with me I'd
appreciate it :)

Thank you very much!

Jordi Segués