RE: [Xen-users] How to add additional drivers to xen-kernel ?

To: "anant" <ANigam@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] How to add additional drivers to xen-kernel ?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:44:15 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:44:31 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For a majority of simple drivers, the driver itself needs NO changes at
all (there are differences in several header files and files that
contain code that is CALLED by the driver, but you don't need to worry
about that if you're writing your own driver - only if you're modifying
the behaviour of the Kernel sources or some such). Only drivers that do
more complicated things would need patching.

To see which drivers are involved with this, look at the
.../linux-2.6-xen-sparse/drivers to see which drivers have been changed
and compare (diff) with .../pristine-linux-2.6.x/drivers - you'll then
see what's actually changed between the Xen drivers and the native Linux
drivers. Note that there's no hwmon driver directory at all, so the
hwmon drivers don't need any changes (or at least, no one has made
changes to them - they may all be broken for Xen of course).

--
Mats