RE: [Xen-users] Virtualization over CLIENTS/SLED

To: "anant" <ANigam@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Virtualization over CLIENTS/SLED
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:41:00 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 04:47:39 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you know something? Your attitude doesn't exactly encourage people
responding to your mails, does it?

You ask "Any comments guys", and Nico explains that SOME distributors
doesn't do distinct server/desktop releases, but rather one combined set
of software, which contains both the Desktop and the Server software
within one set of media (CDs, DVDs, etc). Whether those include {Xen,
openWBEM} or not would depend on whether the distributor thinks that is
a useful thing to include. Obviously, such a distribution is neither
"Client/Desktop" nor is it a "Server" distribution, so you can't say
that it's one or the other - it's just a distribution of Linux-based
software, so your question "are they client based" isn't really
relevant, as there's no such distinction in this case.

Most distributions will publish a list of all the software they
distribute, so it shouldn't be hard for YOU to find out what's included
in which distribution.

One thing I can't really understand is what you're actualy trying to
achieve - it is often better to explain more about what you're trying to
achieve before you post fairly open questions to the list. The more
information you can supply, the more direct the answer can be made.

--
Mats