Re: [Xen-users] Any luck with Matrox g550 and xen

To: Reijo Korhonen <reijo.korhonen@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Any luck with Matrox g550 and xen
From: Steve Thompson <smt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:52:36 -0500 (EST)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:53:39 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Reijo Korhonen wrote:

Has anyone else had same problem than Andrew and me or has anyone has
luck with xen and g550?

I also have the same issue on FC6 with a G550. The X server goes into an infinite loop when it starts up, with or without an Xorg.conf file, when booting the xen kernel. It is fine with the non-xen kernel, and also fine with the xen kernel that shipped with FC6. All new versions of the xen kernel beyond that shipped with FC6 exhibit the problem.

Any hope that this problem will be solved?

Yes, it's been non-functional for over two months now.

-steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www.vgersoft.com
39 Smugglers Path              VSW Support: support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ithaca, NY 14850
  "186,300 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"