Re: [Xen-users] Cannot configure ethernet-cards for IPCop in domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Cannot configure ethernet-cards for IPCop in domU
From: "Jerry Amundson" <jamundso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 20:43:42 -0600
Delivery-date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 18:43:23 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 1/20/07, Morten Christensen <mc-xen@xxxxx> wrote:
With Qemu I have created an IPCop 1.4.13 domU. Qemu found and configured
a NE2000 pci-card (ne2k-pci) as green.

I can start the image both in Qemu and as a hvm in Xen, but the netvork
is not working in any of the instances. Inside Ipcop on Xen it comes
with this error:

/lib/modules/2.4.34/kernel/drivers/net/ne2k-pci.o.gz: init_module: No
such device

Right, because Xen doesn't give HVM's real PCI, AGP, etc. I've added a
recent posting to
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/HardwareVirtualMachine
[Mats, hope you don't mind - it's clear, to the point, and provides
possible future direction..]

A wish for the above wiki section : What "hardware" do HVM's see
anyway, assuming non-paravirtulized drivers??

jerry

--
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"