Re: [Xen-users] Using Xen on Cobalt Raq4

Hello,

Le mardi 16 janvier 2007 16:59, Mark Williamson a écrit :
> > > Thank you very much in advance.
> >
> > Unless the cobalt-rom is able to boot "grub multiboot" style modules,
> > you're going to have to wave the magic wand around quite a bit to
> > achieve successful load of Xen + Dom0 [put another way, it's probably
> > much easier to use grub!].
>
> You could look at Tim Deegan's mbootpack tool
> (http://www.tjd.phlegethon.org/software/), which can package up Xen, the
> dom0 kernel and an initrd all into one file which can be booted by
> non-multiboot bootloaders.

I was not aware of that tool, thank you very much. Actually, it looks like the
file created looks like a x86 boot sector. I am not sure cobalt-rom accepts
such files, maybe just elf files that need to be bzip2 compressed, I will
check.

--
Cordialement, Florian Fainelli
5, rue Charles Fourier