Re: [Xen-users] missing ethernet device

On Jan 6, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Alessandro R. wrote:

2007/1/6, Brock Palen <brockp@xxxxxxxxx>:
Isnt forcedeth just a driver for the nvidia nic's?  What would that
do with broadcom chip?

Brock check these 3ds
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-12/ msg00958.html
Well i followed the guide here, but these machines dont have the optional IPMI anyway. So no go there, also disabled WOL just to be safe. Still no luck, broadcom says that their cd should have new firmware on it, but it doesn't. Ill have to call them latter and ask.

Well this sucks, worse case ill have to put in two of these pci 1gig nics that i have a bunch of i guess its not the end of the world. I will play with it some more but i doubt theres anything i can do. There isnt any messages in dmesg or xm dmesg about any strange acting devices. I also tried the xen live cd, to the same result, the pci nic shows up the integrated broadcom does not.

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-01/ msg00033.html

Also, my system is just a pemtium D  it does not have the vmx flag
in /proc/cpuinfo, though.   So can i just disable HVM ability in the
kernel?  or hypervisor?

You can disable HVM from config file.

--
Alessandro R.
Hp. http://lord2y.lunimig.org

NOTICE
This message is for the named person's use only and it's confidential.
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
and notify the sender. Thank you.