Re: [Xen-users] CentOS domU vcpus ignored

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] CentOS domU vcpus ignored
From: Mark Menard <mark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:43:13 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:43:38 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 12/14/06 10:21 AM, "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I think you need to set the number of CPU's when you create the BIOS in
>>> 3.0.3. 3.0.4 will have dynamic settings for number of CPUS... But I
>>> could be wrong on that.
>>
>> I searched the Wiki and mailing list for "cpu bios" and "bios create",
>> nothing pops out as applicable. As far as I know I never
>> created a "BIOS" to
>> get the HVM domU running. Do you have a pointer to something
>> online that
>> might have directions?
>
> The BIOS I'm talking about is the stuff under .../tools/firmware in your
> xen source directory.

Mats, thanks for the help so far.

I've taken a look in /tools/firmware. I've grepped for cpu and CPU. I don't
see something obvious to set the number of vcpus for a guest. All of the
code seems as though it ought to deal with the vcpu setting.

Anyway, if you, or anyone else, has a pointer to a particular file I'd be
thankful.

Take care,

Mark