[Xen-users] Linux HVM tutorial ?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Linux HVM tutorial ?
From: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:17:04 +0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 07:17:35 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello list,

I'm trying to find a good tutorial on fully virtualized Linux guests.
I'd like to just use some netboot .iso's for cd roms and use the
standard serial redirect to configure them.

A few things have me confused,

I'm seeing where cdrom is defined as

cdrom=

in the configuration, but also see where its setup within the same array
as the rest of the vbds.

I'm also really confused on this line :

#   serial port re-direct to pty deivce, /dev/pts/n
#   then xm console or minicom can connect
serial='pty'

I think that's what I want, because I have to do the entire installation
remotely via
ssh.. my confusion is should this be (my) current SSH session? i.e. if I'm on
/dev/pts/2 , should
I set this to 0 and ctrl-] to stop the redirect, or set it to 3 and login from
another window
and be re-directed? Or should this just match the domid?

Having this box re-booted can take hours, I'm trying hard to not require one.

All I need to be able to do is tab my way through the Debian installer (or
other text dialog based things) to
the point where I can get the guest itself answering the door on port 22.

Any help, examples or links would be really appreciated. It looks like the
configuration file changed recently,
and my Googling isn't turning up much recent.

Many thanks in advance!
-Tim