Re: [Xen-users] Xen networking problem

To: "Johann Spies" <jspies@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen networking problem
From: "Jerry Amundson" <jamundso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:35:39 -0600
Cc: Xen users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:35:58 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 11/14/06, Johann Spies <jspies@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am trying out my first xen-project.  I have used Debian's
xen-create-image to create a sarge image and I have a problem to get the
network going.

In the virtual machine (vmmail.sun.ac.za) I get the following:

sudo /etc/init.d/networking start
Setting up IP spoofing protection: rp_filter.
Configuring network interfaces...ifup: interface lo already configured
SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable

Look at the networking scripts for domU (I don't recall debian's
location at the moment). It looks like you have extra files for the
same devices, e.g. lo, and that another is trying to add a gateway on
a non-local network.

jerry