[Xen-users] almost able to boot guest OS

To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] almost able to boot guest OS
From: Matt Herzog <msh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:37:43 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:38:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So now I'm able to boot the guest but I end up with an error regarding the
root disk:

VFS: Cannot open root device "hda1" or unknown-block(0,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)

Below is my config file:

def vmid_check(var, val):
    val = int(val)
        if val <= 0:
raise ValueError
return val

xm_vars.var('vmid',
use="Virtual machine id. Integer greater
than 0.",
check=vmid_check)
xm_vars.check()
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen"
memory = 128
name = "VM%d" % vmid
vcpus = 2 # make your domain a
4-way
vif = [ '' ]
disk = [ 'phy:hdc3,hdc3,w' ]
dhcp="dhcp"
root = "/dev/hda1 ro"
extra = "3 VMID=%d usr=/dev/hdc1" % vmid

--
Announcing your plans is a good way to hear the gods' laughter.