Re: [Xen-users] Proposal for a xen-users(/devel?) netiquette

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 23:49 -0400, Thomas Harold wrote:
> Steve Dobbelstein wrote:
> > My suggested rule:
> > 13) Be sure to copy the list when you reply so that everyone can see the
> > complete discussion of the issue.
>
> What's the guideline for cc'ing the person directly vs just replying to
> the list address?

I think people have to be a little tolerant of mistakes here. On many
lists, "Reply" goes to the list. For this list, I find I have to
remember where to find the "Reply to List" option. Yeah, I could
substitute the list address, but that would screw up the archive
threading. So if I'm a little tired, I might accidentally send a reply
to the sender.

Thanks,
Mike