Re: [Xen-users] Install from CD

Henning, sorry for sending directly to you, I didn't pay attention to the To:
line before I hit Send.

Quoting Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>:

> with hvm  vm's you can do this. lookup the docs about hvm
> installations, you can use the iso, or point the config to the cdrom
> device.
>
> For paravirtual installs you have to use the means of your
> distribution of choice to be installed into a directory (which you put
> into a lvm/partition/file-based block device and boot off it after
> creating it - this is described in a lot of howto's.

Thanks for the help Henning. So the first example you gave is for processor
virtualization using the new AMD and Intel chips, correct? At this time I don't
have one of these chips but maybe Christmas will be kind to me.

The second example sounds like what I am running, so let me see if I understand
this. I simply make and LVM and then boot the install cd for the distro and
install it into the LVM. Copy the /lib/modules/2.6.<kernel> to my new installs
/lib/modules. then create a config file for xen to boot.

The above is how I thought it should work but was unsure, did I understand what
I was reading correctly or have I completely missed the mark?

Thanks again Henning,

Jon