[Xen-users] Problem with network-bridge script and veth0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problem with network-bridge script and veth0
From: "Angel L. Mateo" <amateo@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 12:14:42 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 03:15:46 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

        Since my last update of xen, I am having problems with bridges and xen.
When I want to start a bridge on the dom0 (to run a domU in a different
vlan than the default) I run

/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start netdev=eth0.302 bridge=xen-br302
antispoof=no

        where eth0.302 is an interface associated with my vlan 302 (it tags
with this vlan identifier).

        The problem I have is that it returns:

Link veth0 is missing.
This may be because you have reached the limit of the number of
interfaces that the loopback driver supports.  If the loopback driver is
a module, you may raise this limit by passing it as a parameter
(nloopbacks=<N>); if the driver is compiled statically into the kernel,
then you may set the parameter using loopback.nloopbacks=<N> on the
domain 0 kernel command line.

        I have checked the script and it fails because I don't have any veth0
interface. I have interfaces veth1 to veth7, but I don't have any veth0,
so if I run the same command with parameter vifnum=1 (for example) it
works, because it uses veth1 instead of veth0 and add it to the new
bridge (although it seems that this is not really necessary, because if
I remove veth? from the bridge, networking still works).

        My question is if not having veth0 is wrong or I can just simply ignore
this and use other vifnum than 0.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática