Re: [Xen-users] iSCSI target - run in Dom0 or DomU?

To: Thomas Harold <tgh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] iSCSI target - run in Dom0 or DomU?
From: Tom Mornini <tmornini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:50:27 -0700
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:52:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Aug 24, 2006, at 5:10 AM, Thomas Harold wrote:

We're working on setting up a test box for an eventual iSCSI SAN. (I've dug through the archives for the last 6 months, but don't see a good thread that discusses our situation.) Both technologies (Xen, iSCSI) are new to us, so there's going to be a bit of a learning curve.

Do you need routable disk access?

If not, you should seriously consider AoE instead of iSCSI.

http://www.coraid.com

The drivers are in the Linux kernel, and their aoe-tools contain vblade
so you can build your own AoE targets if you choose not to buy their hardware.

--
-- Tom Mornini