Re: AW: [Xen-users] Deploying redhat clusters under Xen 3.0.2

Subject: Re: AW: [Xen-users] Deploying redhat clusters under Xen 3.0.2
From: carlopmart <carlopmart@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:17:54 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 06:18:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Christopher,

What do you mean when you say: "First, don't let dom0 manage any of the storage"?? i need to setup vbds for virtual storage on dom0 machine, because this host have all disks!!! ...

Using w! param only on virtual storage shared disks, both nodes can write at the same time using GFS???

Christopher G. Stach II wrote:

I had CLVM, CMAN, CCS, and GFS set up on a development Xen cluster. I just got rid of Xen because we were needed the full machine performance. Basically, we were going in the opposite direction that virtualization is. :) It worked fine most of the time, but there are some things I would do differently. First, don't let dom0 manage any of the storage. Use one of GNBD, iSCSI, AoE, etc. and dedicated private network cards for each domain. I wouldn't even bother bridging vifs. Second, use the new credit scheduler. If you decide to not take this advice, expect to be turning your CMAN timeouts way up when you find your domains stalling and getting fenced multiple times a day. :) It would be nice if the dom0 <-> domU traffic worked so fence_xen functioned. If you can't get it to work, say hello to fence_manual. Not fun.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com