RE: [Xen-users] Xen to Desktop/Workstation questions

To: "Muli Ben-Yehuda" <muli@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen to Desktop/Workstation questions
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 20:30:01 +0200
Cc: Alexandre Miguel Pedro Gomes <alexmipego@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:54:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am aware that there is some hardware out there with support for this.
But most desktop users will not want to use a fairly highend server as
their desktop machine. So I should have qualified my answer with "It's
not available today for desktop machines"...

>From what I can read, the x366 doesn't even have PCI-e slots, which
would reduce it's usefullness for the average gamer to near zero, and as
the original post was about playing games on a desktop machine, it's
still not particularly useful, even if the OP would accept a server as
their desktop machine... ;-)

I'm looking forward to seeing your presenatation at OLS.

--
Mats