Re: [Xen-users] How can we increase de maximum memory for a domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How can we increase de maximum memory for a domU
From: Jonathan Ervine <jervine@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:49:23 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 05:46:12 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday 21 June 2006 11:51, Rachid Abdoun wrote:
> But when you execute xentop (xen 3.0.2) you can see a column named
> "MAXMEM" and this value is greate than the value fixed in the conf
> file...
>
> What does mean this option (if there is enough memory and a domU need
> more memory, that's mean the domU can use more memory that the memory
> assigned by the conf file??? ) ?  How can we adjuste it?

You can certainly assign more memory dynamically to a running Xen DomU,
however from my tests so far the OS running in the DomU hasn't recognised the
additional memory available to it. So far it looks like the maximum memory
recognised by the DomU is the amount assigned in the conf file.

Jon