RE: [Xen-users] acpi: fan running and cpufreq always at minimum on centr

To: "Jens Nachtigall" <nachtigall@xxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] acpi: fan running and cpufreq always at minimum on centrino
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 21:01:51 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:02:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know if the Intel version works, but powernow works in Dom0 -
although it ONLY takes Dom0 into account when it sets the CPU-speed. It
may well be that the Intel code hasn't been xenified yet...

To get full support, there needs to be some more work to sum up the
different domains usage and use that for the CPU speed setting, rather
than the Dom0 only value - as for a correctly used system, Dom0 should
be fairly low CPU usage, and the main work should be done in DomU's.

--
Mats