[Xen-users] FC5 and lib/tls

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] FC5 and lib/tls
From: "James Miller" <jimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:17:14 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:17:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello

I've compiled Xen-unstable from mercurial and I'm getting the following
message after booting from the new kernel.  Before compiling and rebooting I
move /lib/tls to /lib/tls.xen_not_used/.  Also, there's no files in the tls
directory.

  ** WARNING: Currently emulating unsupported memory accesses  **
  **          in /lib/tls glibc libraries. The emulation is    **
  **          slow. To ensure full performance you should      **
  **          install a 'xen-friendly' (nosegneg) version of   **
  **          the library, or disable tls support by executing **
  **          the following as root:                           **
  **          mv /lib/tls /lib/tls.disabled                    **
  ** Offending process: init (pid=1)                           **

I read somewhere about re-creating initrd after moving /lib/tls but this
didn't help.   Do I need to get a XENified version of glibc?

Since /sbin/init just calls scripts in the different run levels (based on
inittab) can this error message be ignored?

Thanks,
Jim