Re: [Xen-users] Problem using the serial console on my Server

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem using the serial console on my Server
From: Flavio Curti <fcu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 14:04:25 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 02:30:29 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Arnd

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 11:56:31AM +0200, Arnd wrote:
> Did changed the settings in your /etc/inittab? You need to spawn a getty
> for your serial ports. Take a look at this file, you might have examples
> for your distribution there. For gentoo it is:

This is exactly the Problem. I don't have a serial port to start a getty
on. The kernel detects only one of the two serial ports. I think this is
because of Xen using the second one and making it unavailable to the
kernel later on.

Kind regards

Flavio

--