Re: [Xen-users] Problem using the serial console on my Server

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem using the serial console on my Server
From: Flavio Curti <lists.fcu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 10:59:56 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 02:00:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Steve

Thank you for your suggestions.

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 09:11:05AM +0100, Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 10:01:46AM +0200, Flavio Curti wrote:
>
> > When I boot a plain linux kernel I get a login prompt on the console.
> > (Even without specifying a console=ttyS1 on the kernel param line)
> >
> > Can anyone help me getting a login prompt on the serial console?
>
>   Using grub I have the following options set:

I get grubs output on the serial console. I also get the XEN and dom0
kernel output on the serial console. The only thing I can't get is a
login prompt.

That's because ttyS1 is not detected by the kernel. I suspect that xen
is using ttyS1 and disabling the kernel from detecting it...

Kind regards and thank you

Flavio

--
http://no-way.org/~fcu/