[Xen-users] Xend breaks Networking on Dom0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xend breaks Networking on Dom0
From: Anoop Rajendra <anoop.rajendra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 15:32:06 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 May 2006 15:32:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi. I'm trying to run Xen 3.0 unstable, compiled from source on a CentOS 4.2 machine.

I notice that the networking breaks as soon as xend starts on the machine. Only on restarting xend does networking come back again.

The boot order is

1. networking starts  - I can ping the machine
2. xend starts by startup scripts - ping stops

Only lo and xenbr0 interfaces are present.

As soon as I restart the xend service on the machine. eth0 becomes available, networking comes back and I can ping dom0 again.

How do I solve this issue? I have keyboard/video access to the machine only now. The machine is a compute node on a cluster, and I cant go and restart xend on the machine everytime networking breaks.

Please help.

Thanks,
Anoop