Re: [Xen-users] Make both CPUs available to Dom0

To: Andrej Radonic <andrej.radonic@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Make both CPUs available to Dom0
From: joseph kacmarcik <joe-xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 14:06:18 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 May 2006 14:07:01 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

it's my first time with Xen on a dual processor machine. Everything was fine until I decided to assign 1 VCPU to Dom0 and pin it to CPU 1. Since then Domain-0 only sees 1 CPU and no vcpu-set / vcpu-pin seems to be able to get it back. When I boot the plain vanilla FC5 SMP kernel then both CPUs are there. I must be missing something obvious (and probably did something really stupid) so please be kind with me...

check out @line 124 of /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp. should be in the form of: (dom0-cpus n)

where n is number of cpu's available to the dom0.

hope it helps.
joe