RE: [Xen-users] mac addresses domUs

To: "Mike A. Kenny" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] mac addresses domUs
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:06:27 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 05:07:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This should not be a problem - as long as all your DomU's on the same
machine have unique numbers between themselves, that's sufficient. Since
the mac-address gets translated/replaced when you send the packet out to
the outside (if that happens at all) through the Dom0, you don't need to
worry about the mac-address of your DomU being seen by some other device
outside your virtual set of machines.

--
Mats