[Xen-users] mac addresses domUs

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] mac addresses domUs
From: "Mike A. Kenny" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:27:41 +0200 (SAST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 02:28:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AFAIK every NIC manaufacturer is allocated a 2 (or is it 3?) byte prefix for
the device addresses. This prevents address clashes during ARP. Are there any
guidelines on what macs to assign to domU devices? Or is this even something
that one needs to consider?

--
mike kenny
Linux Registered User #381724

"Hell, there are no rules here, we're just trying to accomplish something"
                                                       Thomas Edison